The student news site of Aberdeen High School

Blue and Gold

Filed under Community, News

Fall Festivities Around Town

With Halloween quickly approaching, there are a lot of things to do around town with family and friends.

One thing to do around town is pumpkin picking. For the month of October, Brad’s Produce in Churchville is allowing families to come and pick pumpkins to carve, or you can take them home and carve them.

If you don’t scare easily, take a trip to Carson’s Run and check out the haunted attraction Legends of the Fog. You could even show up there in a Halloween costume.

Another thing to do is shopping for a homecoming dress, since its right around the corner. If you are planning to go to homecoming, go get your dress as soon as possible. The dresses are getting to be far and few in between with sizes.

If you’ve ever been to Havre de Grace, you know they have some historic houses. This year, the city of Havre de Grace will take you on a tour of houses in town. Go for a tour and see if you can feel any ghostly presence.

I asked some people what their favorite part of the fall season was. When I asked our own Aberdeen High School cheerleader Katile Conley, she said she likes school sports as a whole and all the school spirit at the football games.

I also asked her what her favorite part of fall is, and she said, “The weather is cooling down and the leaves changing color.”

When I asked Mrs. Jackson what she likes to do during this time of season, she said, “Sitting by the water and watching the sunset.”

With all these things to do around town during the fall, the possibilities are endless!