The student news site of Aberdeen High School

Blue and Gold

Filed under News, Opinion, Student Life

Erin’s Review: “Anatomy of a Single Girl”

Breaking up with your first boyfriend is always tough—but it’s even tougher when you’re a first-year, pre-med college student away from home!

In “Anatomy of a Single Girl,” Dominique Baylor is a college student who has just finished her freshman year at Tulane University. She had just gone through a big breakup, with her first real boyfriend (as described in “Anatomy of a Boyfriend,” Snadowsky’s previous novel) when this novel starts.

Dominique is a typical teenage girl, and she’s going through things an ordinary girl her age would.

Dom has an amazing personality. It’s so unique and different. She kind of reminds me of me, because I’m really closed in. I’m the type of person that I’m not going to tell you what’s wrong unless you asked me.

Dom’s best friend Amy resembles my best friend, whose name is Alaina. Alaina and Amy have the same exact personality. I love my best friend so I really like Amy’s character. Me and Alaina are going to part ways for college and I hope we can stay as close as Amy and Dom did.

This book is very engaging. In the beginning, it grasps your attention. I feel as though the cover of the book is interesting and different. I don’t see many authors who think outside of the box as Daria Snadowsky.

This book comes across what it’s like to recover from your break up with your first love, and I think that’s something all young people need to relate to because we all will experience a broken heart. Daria really made me feel as if I was in Dom’s shoes. Overall , this book was amazing, and I will definitely recommend to a friend.

Erin’s Score: Two thumbs up!

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Erin’s Review: “Anatomy of a Single Girl””

1. Anonymous on November 21st, 2013 4:33 pm

This is amazing! I have to read it!

[Reply]

adviser Reply:

It’s a great book…the first book is even better! We will have a review up of that book soon.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.