Be Safe, Be Proactive

Sierra Ruedi, Health Beat Reporter
February 4, 2014
Filed under News

Flu and cold season is still underway, and if you experience either of these illnesses, chances are you're going to have to miss school. The nurses have advice for all students: if you're sick, take care of yourself! If you do decide to come to school even if you know you're sick, make sure to report... Read more »

Best Cell Phones of 2013…and 2014

Sierra Ruedi, Op/Ed Editor
January 12, 2014
Filed under News, Opinion

Some amazing phones came out on the market this year, and we've gathered information about each to help you with trying to pick out the perfect phone. There's something here for everyone! 1.      Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Best Overall Smartphone on the market): The Galaxy Note... Read more »

News from the Nurse’s Office

News from the Nurse’s Office

Sierra Ruedi, Health/Nurses Beat Writer
January 12, 2014
Filed under Community, News, Showcase

One quick stop into the nurse's office, and there is a wealth of information to be found! The knowledgeable and experienced nurses at AHS have plenty of advice for the AHS community to stay healthy during the beginning of this new year. They said that we start 2014 with a dry season, so you must pay... Read more »

New Movies for November 2013

Sierra Ruedi, Op/Ed and Art/Music/Drama Editor
November 18, 2013
Filed under A&E, Community, News

Need some movie ideas for new movies coming out in November? Here are some summaries of amazing movies that are coming out to help you decide. The Book Thief Friday, November 8th A spirited and courageous young girl transforms... Read more »

2013 Best of Aberdeen Survey Results

Sierra Ruedi, Op/Ed Editor
November 18, 2013
Filed under Community, News, Student Life

Our staff did a survey of the community, and here are the results of what the students and adults of Aberdeen voted on as "Best of Aberdeen:” Best Fast Food: McDonald's 999 Beards Hill Rd, Aberdeen · (410) 272-7868 330 Pulaski... Read more »

Dance Company Fundraiser at Aberdeen Greene Turtle, 11/12

Sierra Ruedi, Op/Ed Editor, Beat Writer
November 12, 2013

Mrs. Ferrigno, AHS Dance Company Artistic Director, has announced that the Dance Company will be having a Greene Turtle Fundraising Event on November 12th.   The Dance Company will receive 10% of the profits from the entire day,  including dine-in and carry-out. Come to the Aberdeen... Read more »

Flu Season is Here

Sierra Ruedi, Op/Ed Editor/Health Beat Writer
November 12, 2013

It's true that flu season has arrived in Harford County, but you don't have to get sick this winter!  The nurses at AHS have some tips for preventing the flu this year. Frequent hand washing works to prevent the spread of the flu, along with getting your flu shot. You can get the flu shot at... Read more »

Homecoming Fashion Tips: Girls

Sierra Ruedi
October 25, 2013
Filed under Showcase, Student Life

Still trying to figure out what dress to wear for homecoming? When it comes down to color, style, and accessories, here are some of the hottest trends this year for 2013 homecoming: 1. High low dresses ... Read more »

Miley Cyrus – Ratchet or Real?

Brittany DiMauro and Sierra Ruedi
October 16, 2013
Filed under A&E, News, Opinion, Student Life, Uncategorized

Some say that Miley Cyrus became a bad influence on young girls who used to admire her Hannah Montana image.  Did she really influence them negatively or did she just embrace the woman she became without hiding her flaws and mistakes? Destiny Hope Cyrus, born November 23, 1992 in Franklin, Tennessee,... Read more »

2013 AHS Fall Sports Preview

Malik Amos, Sierra Ruedi, Zach Brand, Zack Cane, Brittany DiMauro, Brandon Jones, Erin Tillery, Anthony Maszkiewicz, and Alexis Tyler
September 20, 2013
Filed under Featured Sports Story Carousel, News, Sports

After interviewing both varsity and junior varsity head coaches, the Blue and Gold staff is excited to bring you the first annual 2013 AHS Fall Sports Preview!   VARSITY GIRLS SOCCER HEAD COACH: Tara Larkin EXPERIENCE AT AHS: Tara Larkin, 2nd year; Sonya... Read more »

Turf Field May Be Completed In Time For Homecoming

Brittany DiMauro and Sierra Ruedi
September 6, 2013
Filed under News, Sports, Student Life

One question on everyone’s mind is, “When is the turf going to actually be done?” According to the signs displayed around the construction zone, the turf is to be completed by October 31st, 2013. Horne Construction of Aberdeen, Maryland is the company constructing the turf. Horne... Read more »