The student news site of Aberdeen High School

Blue and Gold

Filed under News, Student Life

Maryland Zoo in Baltimore Internship Accepting Applications

From The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore:

The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore is accepting applications for the 2015 Teen Leaders Institute, a winter service- learning program for high school juniors and seniors.

The Teen Leaders Institute is an exciting program that runs eight Saturday mornings from January 31 through March 28, 2015 from 9:00 A.M. until 1:00 P.M., and allows students to learn through personal experience what it takes to successfully run a non-profit.

With a format that combines hands-on learning activities, groups service projects, and presentations with senior staff, the program will introduce teens to how the Zoo functions as a model of non-profit management and provide students with opportunities to develop real-world job readiness skills in preparation for college or the job market.

Students will also broaden their understanding of careers such as event planning, finance, marketing, human resources, customer services, and volunteer management. Participants will strengthen valuable skills of public speaking, team work, problem-solving, resume writing and leadership.

Applicants must complete an on-line application and participate in an interview with zoo staff. Applications must be received by Wednesday, December 10, 2014.

To apply to the 2015 Teen Leaders Institute, interested students should go to:

http://www.marylandzoo.org/teenleaders

For further information, interested students can send an email to .