The student news site of Aberdeen High School

Blue and Gold

Drake “Hotline Blings” His Way Through the End of 2015

Beverly Alston, Guest Writer

Aubrey “Drake” Graham, a Toronto rapper, has had a big year in 2015. In the spring of 2015, Drake had released a album called “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late,” giving off a lot of big hits like “Know Yourself ,”“Legend” and “Energy”.

He also had a song called “6 p.m. In New York,” “sneak dissing” a member of his old rap group. Drake said, “You should act your own age and not your girls age,” referencing Tyga’s relationship with Kylie Jenner.

Later this year, Drake did a song with Meek Mill on his album “Dreams Worth More Than Money,” which was the second song on the album. When the album came out, Drake didn’t tweet the album which led to Meek Mill getting mad and calling Drake out, saying that he has a ghost writer. Drake fired back with a diss track called “Back to Back.”

A student at Aberdeen High School said, “the Meek Mill and Drake beef was corny. I don’t think anyone won; I thought it was dumb.” Another student said, “I liked the Meek Mill and Drake beef, and I like the song that Drake made called ‘Back to Back.’”

Drake and Future, another rapper, released a mixtape called “What a Time to Be Alive” with big hits like “Jumpman,” “Big Rings,” and ‘Diamond Dancing.” One student says, “I love the ‘What a Time to Be Alive’ mixtape. I have the whole mixtape on my phone.”

Last, but certainly not least, Drake released a video for his song “Hotline Bling”. Mainly about a girl who use to be stuck on him but moved on. This video has gotten a lot of popularity because of Drake’s dance moves. A student saId, “I like Drake’s dance moves in the Hotline Bling video–they’re hilarious.”

A lot of people must really like Drake’s dance moves, which is why where there are so many memes all over social media. Another student says “I feel like the video is so popular because of the memes on Instagram, Twitter and Vine.”

2015 has been a big year for Drake–who knows what next year will bring?