Blue and Gold

Will People Still Choose Chipotle?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Will People Still Choose Chipotle?

Michael Denu

Recently, there has been a huge E. coli outbreak across the nation at Chipotle Mexican grill.

The FDA and CDC has linked Chipotle’s food to this huge outbreak. They found at least 52 people with the norovirus in a stretch of nine states. There has been reported to be at least 20 people hospitalized because of the virus.

After being served a subpoena by the grand jur,y Chipotle must attend a court date. With this, they are being investigated with criminal charges.

Ray Rembold says, “I don’t think Chipotle will be shut down, but I think it will be a while until they regain full popularity again.”

Chipotle’s sales are also decreasing, and people are wondering how the corporation is going to recover from it. Sales has dropped at least 14.6% at certain locations, according to several news outlets.

The head businessmen at Chipotle have been thinking about several options. One option they suggested is that instead of making the food at each Chipotle location, all food would be made at a central location and it would be shipped out to all the locations.

Tyler, a student, says, “I think at a time down the road I would eat Chipotle again, but as of right now I won’t.”

Michael Denu, Writer

Years on Staff: 2

Hobbies: Wrestling, lacrosse

Why does he like writing for the newspaper? "It lets me voice my opinion on certain topics and gives...

1 Comment

One Response to “Will People Still Choose Chipotle?”

1. Managed Services Dallas on March 13th, 2016 8:50 am

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here!

Managed Services Dallas

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The student news site of Aberdeen High School
Will People Still Choose Chipotle?