Blue and Gold

Famous Celebrity Conflicts

attends the 2015 American Music Awards at Microsoft Theater on November 22, 2015 in Los Angeles, California.

Jeff Kravitz/AMA2015

Khalyn Stevens

Celebrities are too familiar with conflict between one another. Just because they are celebrities, does not mean they don’t have real world problems as well. Celebrity beef has been around for a very long time.

One famous beef was of course Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus at the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards. The beef started by Minaj tweetin about how the VMA’s voting system is setup and how unfair it is for competitors like her in the rap industry. Miley Cyrus took it upon herself to retaliate on Nicki Minaj’s tweet by saying in an interview that “Minaj’s complaints were ‘not polite’ and ‘just about [her]self'”. The interview caused a big outburst between the two on twitter. That same year, Miley was chosen to be the host of the 2015 VMA’s which gave an opportunity for Nicki Minaj to confront her.

Minaj saying “Whats good?” would always be the most historical phrase in beef history.

The beef between Meek Mill and Drake had to be the most amusing out of all of celebrity conflicts. The beef started when Meek Mill tweeted “Stop comparing Drake to me too… He don’t write his own raps!” and twitter blew up with a  lot of confused people. Drake and Meek Mill were supposed to drop an album prior to the beef that year which really made people wonder if it was a hoax for the album to reach the top of the charts. Both of them dropped several diss tracks towards each other, which were both funny and jaw dropping. They later on squashed the beef, but it’s still one of the most memorable beefs of all time.

I asked around school if they knew any famous beef that struck them the most. One student stated that “ Meek mill and Drakes beef was the funniest and juiciest one because of the simple fact that Meek Mill got trashed by a light-skin singer.”

Another fued that is personally my favorite is the Blac Chyna and Kylie Jenner conflict. Beef started with both of them when sources found out that Tyga was secretly dating Kylie Jenner after his break up with Blac Chyna. Both of them threw shots at each other on snapchat and Instagram by taking hilarious pictures. For example, Blac Chyna posted a picture with false lips, which was interpreted to be making fun of Kylie’s “big” lips. Kylie retaliated by posting a picture of the same ring that Tyga had bought Blac Chyna, but eventually gave to Kylie. Now, Blac Chyna is engaged to Jenner’s brother, Rob Kardashian and the family is on speaking terms again.

I asked Jessica how she felt about the feud with Blac Chyna and Kylie Jenner, and she said “I think Blac Chyna won because she now talks to Rob Kardashian which is Kylie’s half-brother”.

Celebrities will always be around to entertain and interest people till the end of time. This also means that the beef between them will always be around too.

Khalyn Stevens, Writer

Years on Staff: 1

Hobbies: Listening to music, watching TV, shopping, being lazy

Why does she like writing for the newspaper? "I like informing my...