NBA Finals Prediction

Malik Amos
June 5, 2014
Filed under Opinion, Sports

Well, the NBA finals are here, and it is basically a repeat of last year, including the Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs. ... Read more »

Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers, Game 3 Predictions

Malik Amos, A&E Editor
May 23, 2014
Filed under News, Opinion, Sports

So, everybody is getting really hyped for this big Game 3 on Saturday, May 24, between the Miami Heat and the Indiana Pacers. The big reason is that last year these two teams were in the same spot going against each other in the Eastern Conference finals, and it was a good series that went to seven games. But,... Read more »

NBA Playoff Predictions– Second Round

Malik Amos, A&E Editor
May 15, 2014
Filed under News, Opinion, Sports

Here is the rundown of the games happening this week in the NBC Playoffs, with my predictions: Washington Wizard vs. Indiana Pacers – My original series prediction is not going how I predicted it to go-- the Pacers are up in the series 3-1, so from the looks of it the Washington Wizards are going... Read more »

Malik’s Mixtape Review: Waka Flocka, Re-Up

Malik Amos, A&E Editor
March 28, 2014
Filed under A&E, Opinion

Rapper: Waka Flocka Mixtape: Re-Up Waka Flocka is an ATL rapper who has been in the game for a good bit. He's had commercial success with songs like "No Hands" and "Hard in the Paint," but he's also He has had plenty... Read more »

Malik’s Mixtape Review: “Welcome to Fazoland”

Malik Amos, Arts and Entertainment Editor
February 20, 2014
Filed under A&E, Opinion

The Mixtape Review for this week will be Lil Herb's new tape, "Welcome to Fazoland." (Note: The mixtape contains explicit lyrics.) Lil Herb is a young and upcoming rapper from Chicago, trying to make it and get out of the hood. He comes from a background similar to Chief Keef, and "is a product... Read more »

Malik’s Mixtape Review: Chief Keef and Rich Homie Quan

Malik Amos, A&E Editor
December 4, 2013
Filed under A&E, News, Showcase

RICH HOMIE QUAN Rich Homie Quan is an ATL rapper just now making it in the game. Mixtapes: "Still Going In (Reloaded), "On the Come Up 4." Style/genre: Rap & hip-hop--his style is kind of like Future's, which is a turn-up kind of style. Mixtape Songs: 1.      Type... Read more »

2013 AHS Fall Sports Preview

Malik Amos, Sierra Ruedi, Zach Brand, Zack Cane, Brittany DiMauro, Brandon Jones, Erin Tillery, Anthony Maszkiewicz, and Alexis Tyler
September 20, 2013
Filed under Featured Sports Story Carousel, News, Sports

After interviewing both varsity and junior varsity head coaches, the Blue and Gold staff is excited to bring you the first annual 2013 AHS Fall Sports Preview!   VARSITY GIRLS SOCCER HEAD COACH: Tara Larkin EXPERIENCE AT AHS: Tara Larkin, 2nd year; Sonya... Read more »

Open Auditions to be Held for Fall Play

Malik Amos, Student Life Reporter
September 12, 2013
Filed under News, Student Life

Attention: All students interested in participating in the play The Fabulous Fable Factory can participate in open auditions on the these dates: Tuesday, September 17  from 5:00-8:00 Wednesday, September 18 from 2:10-3:30 Auditions will... Read more »

Notice for AHS Seniors—College Applications and Naviance Assistance

Zachary Brand and Malik Amos
September 8, 2013
Filed under Counseling, News

For seniors, the end of high school is near, and college is around the corner. As a reminder, seniors graduating at the end of this year should be starting their college applications. Naviance login is needed to complete and submit most of college applications. Seniors will be receiving assistance... Read more »