Ravens Select C.J. Mosley with First Pick

Zack Cane, Sports Editor
May 13, 2014
Filed under News, Opinion, Sports

(From Friday, 5/9) With their first pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Baltimore Ravens decided to give their defense a boost with the addition of Alabama linebacker, C.J. Mosley. ... Read more »

Ravens Score Big Time with Signing of Steve Smith

Zack Cane, Sports Editor
March 28, 2014
Filed under News, Showcase, Sports

When Ozzie Newsome said he wanted to add weapons for Joe Flacco and the Ravens this offseason, he meant it. Since then, the Oz has struck several key deals to help the Ravens stay competitive in 2014. Dennis Pitta, Daryl Smith, and Eugene Monroe all received new cap friendly contracts this season,... Read more »

The Eagle Eye: Crisis in Ukraine

Zack Cane, Sports Editor/Op-Ed Writer
March 6, 2014
Filed under News, Opinion, Showcase

Over the past several weeks, an upheaval of the government in Ukraine has been underway. The people of the capital city of Kiev were gathered in the streets protesting the regime of President Viktor Yanukovych. After a deadly confrontation that left hundreds of citizens and police dead, the Ukrainian... Read more »

Trouble in Paradise: Ray Rice Arrested in Atlantic City

Zack Cane, Sports Editor
February 20, 2014
Filed under News, Sports

Saturday, February 15th, Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice and his fiancée Janay Palmer were both arrested for what was described as a “very minor physical altercation.” It wasn’t long before a simple Google search of Ray Rice’s name brought you to endless news articles detailing... Read more »

Fire Incident Causes Uncommon Tuesday at AHS

Zachary Brand and Zack Cane
December 4, 2013
Filed under News

It was 1:04 p.m., and Mr. O’Brien was busy on a normal Tuesday afternoon in his office. That’s when the alarms sounded. Mr. O’Brien and his staff of administrators fanned out to identify the source of the alarm as soon as they heard it go off. “When I came out of my office I saw it immediately,”... Read more »

Week 13 Ravens vs. Steelers Preview (Thanksgiving Edition)

Zack Cane, Sports Editor
November 28, 2013
Filed under News, Showcase, Sports

It looks as if the Ravens finally found their identity as a team last week at home against the Jets. Despite a shaky offensive effort the Ravens defense was virtually dominant. The team only allowed three points last week in their 19-3 win over New York, and kept the Jets 1-12 on third down conversions.... Read more »

Richie Incognito: Bully or Victim?

Zack Cane, Sports Editor
November 22, 2013
Filed under News, Opinion, Sports

On October 30, Miami Dolphins offensive tackle Jonathan Martin stormed out of the Dolphins’ training facility after what was described to the media as an “emotional breakdown.” By November 4, Martin had hired lawyers along with the help of his parents and released accusations claiming that... Read more »

Week 12 Preview: Ravens vs. Jets

Zack Cane, Sports Editor
November 22, 2013
Filed under News, Showcase

Last week, we saw some good and we saw some bad. The Ravens went on the road in week 11 to Chicago, where they were beaten 23-20 after a long hard fought game. After a delay that lasted an hour and 53 minutes, the Ravens took the field and were ultimately beaten even after Ray Rice ran for over a... Read more »

Week 10 Ravens vs. Bengals Preview

Zack Cane, Sports Editor
November 10, 2013
Filed under News, Sports

Let’s face it, last week was ugly. The Ravens surrendered their first game to the Browns since 2007. To put that in perspective, the last time the Ravens lost to the Browns was when Kyle Boller was starting quarterback, and Brian Billick was at the tail end of his coaching career. The Ravens... Read more »

Eagles Football Set for Homecoming–and First Game on New Turf

Zack Cane, Sports Editor
October 30, 2013
Filed under Community, Featured Sports Story Carousel, News, Showcase, Sports

It’s that time of year again. The weather is getting colder, the end of the football season is on the horizon, and students from every grade are wearing their class colors in the name of school spirit. The school is buzzing with energy this week, with the Homecoming dance on the horizon. The pep rally... Read more »

The Eagle Eye: Obamacare and You

Zack Cane
October 16, 2013
Filed under Community, News, Opinion, Showcase

There’s been a lot of talk about “Obamacare” and the effects it will have on the United States, but what really is this bill and what does it mean for you?  Well, in short, Obamacare (Officially titled: The Affordable Healthcare Act) is a reform of the healthcare system in the United States.  ... Read more »

Purple Saturday Preview: Week 6, Ravens Vs. Packers

Zack Cane, Sports Editor
October 16, 2013
Filed under Sports

Note: This article was supposed to be run last Saturday. Due to technical issues, we had to delay publication. Check out what Zack was predicting for the game last Sunday, and compare the results of the matchup.  What a win for a team that needed to make a statement! With the whole... Read more »

Zack’s Purple Saturday Preview: Ravens at Dolphins

Zack Cane, Sports Editor
October 5, 2013
Filed under News, Sports, Student Life

Purple Saturday Preview: Week 5 Ravens @ Dolphins Last week, the Ravens offense was embarrassed in a 23-20 loss to the Buffalo Bills. This week, the team will try to bounce back against a 3-1 Miami team that is extremely talented. The Ravens fed the ball to Ray Rice five times last Sunday, totaling... Read more »

2013 AHS Fall Sports Preview

Malik Amos, Sierra Ruedi, Zach Brand, Zack Cane, Brittany DiMauro, Brandon Jones, Erin Tillery, Anthony Maszkiewicz, and Alexis Tyler
September 20, 2013
Filed under Featured Sports Story Carousel, News, Sports

After interviewing both varsity and junior varsity head coaches, the Blue and Gold staff is excited to bring you the first annual 2013 AHS Fall Sports Preview!   VARSITY GIRLS SOCCER HEAD COACH: Tara Larkin EXPERIENCE AT AHS: Tara Larkin, 2nd year; Sonya... Read more »