The student news site of Aberdeen High School

Blue and Gold

“Creed” is Finally Released; Wins Golden Globe

Tierra Harvey

On November 25, 2015, the movie Creed was released, which is about a young man following his father footsteps, but wants to create a name from himself.

Michael B. Jordan plays Adonis Johnson, who’s a new boxer trying to make it into the world of boxing. But he doesn’t want people to know who his father is–his father was the greatest boxer of his time.

Adonis was treated differently when people found out that Apollo Creed was his father, and he now has to try to fill his father shoes. He kind of does when he fights the best boxers of the world.

Rocky Balboa was Adonis’ trainer, which was also his father’s former rival in the boxing ring.

Creed is the seventh movie in the Rocky franchise, and it was nominated for a Golden Globe award, among other awards. Sylvester Stallone took home the award for Best Supporting Actor at the Globes.

Grace Mandel says she has not seen the movie but heard it was good and is planning to go see it.

Kenterra Shorter has also not seen the movie, but has watched the trailer. She wants to go to the movies and see it. Her favorite scene is when “they are training in Philly,” she said, because it reminds her of Baltimore City

So how many of you would go and see the movie? If you’ve seen it, would you recommend it?