The student news site of Aberdeen High School

Blue and Gold

Filed under News, Opinion, Student Life

What Do You Get “Bae” for Your Special Day?

In my opinion, the time you and your significant other have been together should determine what and what not to get them. Occasions such as anniversaries, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and birthdays, are all holidays that you have to get a present for your lover, if it’s big or small. Not only does it have to be nice, it has to come from your heart.

Personally, I choose gifts on his personality. I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year and eight months, so it’s like we know what each other likes and what we don’t like.

We don’t necessarily get something that costs a lot of money, but as long as it has thought in it, it’s acceptable. You need figure out your significant other– connect with them on a different level. Not only do they expect something from you, but its needs to be special.

I am not a very good gift giver. My boyfriend is very picky. If I buy him clothes, he doesn’t like it; if I buy him a card, he say it’s not enough. He’s such a difficult person. This past Valentine’s Day, I actually sent him Edible Arrangements to his house. And guess what he does? He sends me a text with a picture of a pair of shoes saying, “Buy me!” I can never win.

But he actually does so much for me. He gets me things so randomly and not expected. When they do that for you, they really love you “doe” (as AHS students say). Anyway, I really hope you have better luck than me. I wish you and your “bae” love and a happy ever after.

What do you get your significant other for your special days? Contact @ahsblueandgold to give us input!